Only Americans

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sometimes weird stuff happened to me because I was American. People treated me differently, or asked me really pointed questions, one of which was:

"But why Germany? Why would you want to come here?"

I could never tell if they were just really self conscious about what people thought about Germans, or if they thought their country was really boring, or if it was some kind of test.

Second to that was:

"Do you have a gun?"

No comment.

And a small thought on geography:
And they say Americans are the worst at geography, but the average European I met thought that New York automatically meant the city, or that I was near it. Nope. Also, Connecticut? Forget about it. My German roommates only knew about Connecticut because they watched Gilmore Girls.


0 comments:

Post a Comment